Slow downs on new macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by coffeeisgood, Nov 11, 2008.

1. coffeeisgood macrumors newbie

Dashboard skips when I open it, and sometimes minimizing to the dock will be VERY choppy (or always, when running from the battery), I can fix the dock problem with terminal by restarting the dock, but what about dashboard, I understand it has to load up the first time, but every 2 minutes when I click it it the transition is terribly jump?

Is this because of the specs of my macbook? (entry level model)

Is this a driver issue that can be fixed?

I barely have anything in my dashboard by the way.

And the other day I was talking to a friend on amsn who told me her macbook pro (older model) was distorting her voice when she recorded, so I went into garage band and tested to see if mine did that, and it did, when talking all background sounds are kind of distorted and high pitch? I tried to play my clip that I had recorded in garage band a 2nd time and I got an error from garage band, and all sound on my system stopped working (when I was restarting and everything was shutting down, the volume keys would make an odd clicking sound when pressed) is this something I should be worried about? Does this sound like a software problem rather than a hardware problem? (a restart fixed it, and for some reason a restart also moved a folder from my desktop to some obscure file)

2. Twilight Elk macrumors regular

Twilight Elk

3. coffeeisgood thread starter macrumors newbie

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

5. coffeeisgood thread starter macrumors newbie

DDR3 my bad.

Anyways, the dashboard is really bugging me.. So choppy flying it, then smooth if I use it again right afterward, but if I let a couple minutes go by it will be choppy again.

Sometimes it will randomly be smooth.. I have one thing on it, google search (to make sure the widgets werent my problem)

6. paetrick macrumors regular

:/ I thought it ran bad on my new mac mini just because of 1 GB ram, guess it's Apple OS that is bad optimized. Very funny when people say mac os is the os to have when it's not even good optimized for there own 1500dollar computers :(