Slow Email on iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bthompson, Apr 13, 2011.

1. bthompson macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hi there. I just upgraded to an iPad 2 and I really like it. I am having a small problem however. When I tap to read an email, it literally takes it about five seconds to show up in the email window where you read it. My iPhone 4 opens them much faster and they are on the same network. I deleted my email accounts and reinstalled them but it hasn't fixed it. Should I try setting the iPad up as new instead of from a back up?

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Try having the sender re-send the message. That should fix it.

3. ani23 macrumors 6502

Quite the opposite for me. Emails from my exchange server usually show up and are readable almost two minutes before they hit outlook on my laptop, which should theoritically be much faster since it's a native ms product and should have better integration.

I have always wondered if others had the same experience.

4. bthompson thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Interesting. It just says loading on mine fir several seconds and then it opens, even for just short emails. Weird.

5. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

I've seen this, too. It seems intermittent, for me. Haven't been able to pin it down yet...