Slow file sharing between MB and MBP.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by .macstiled, Dec 30, 2007.

1. .macstiled macrumors member

Transferring a 1.5GB file over my wireless network between a SR 2.0 MB and 2.4 MBP takes about 45 minutes, vs. 3-4 minutes over USB 2.0. The network is the same I was running two Windows PCs on, and had blazing fast transfer rates then.

I have the impression there is a default Leopard network setting that is causing the bottleneck, but I don't know where to look. But, please, no solutions requiring linking both laptops via Firewire, etc. The transfer rates should be considerably faster over this network, I just need some help configuring.

All my searches thus far don't seem to acknowledge my issue, so I thought I would ask here. Thank you in advance.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. stupidregister macrumors member

That is a transfer rate of about 555 KB/s. Perhaps the computers are not getting a good signal. Are they far from the wireless access point?

4. .macstiled thread starter macrumors member

Yes.

They are side-by-side, and the router is about 2' away. It says excellent signal strength when I boot into Windows via Bootcamp. This has always been an issue ever since I switched to Macs a few months ago.

Any ideas?