Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigben334

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
my ichat message have become slow...wen someone is typing me a message, it takes forever, and it shows them typing forever..and then the message turns out to be just like a word or 2, its very weird...and its the same with me, after i type a message and hit enter, it takes a couple of seconds to send it...its weird, everything else in ichat is up to speed except messaging...wat can i do to fix this??...thanks in advance

timerollson

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2005
heretothere
Same. I've noticed my messages are sent pretty slow too.

There's nothing wrong with my connection though, as I am on my university's campus.

bigben334

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
yea i hope everyone is having this problem and maybe its on apple's part or something...any other feedback from people?

aliasnexus0

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
I had issues with iChat right after I installed the Safari 3 Beta on my G4 Powerbook. iChat would work normally but eventually I would be typing something and push enter and the text box would clear but it wouldn't display the text. I would have to push enter again, or any other key for that matter, for the text to be displayed. So, I uninstalled the Safari 3 Beta and my problem went away. I've decided to be weary about any more Apple Beta software from now on. Even though the Beta has some nice new features, they are not worth having an extremely buggy and unreliable browser. Good luck.

-James

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.