Slow internet after 3.0 Upgrade ! (iPhone 2G)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jashsayani, Jun 19, 2009.

1. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

I am using an iPhone 2G (1st gen) and just upgraded to 3.0 from 2.2. Surprisingly, the EDGE speed and the WiFi speed have drastically reduced. This may sound really hilarious, but its true :rolleyes:

Any ideas ??

2. scoder macrumors newbie

Same problem here. I just upgraded 2 2g iPhones and 1 3G iPhone and Edge is incredibly slow with the 2G phones. The 3G phone is fine, even on Edge.

3. scoder macrumors newbie

Also, it's only Edge for me. Wifi works fine.

4. Ratpack1961 macrumors member

This is really strange because when I was on 2.2.1 the edge connectivity was horrible. I had to call at&t and apple support to find out why and they recommended resetting my network settings. That worked maybe 1 out of 5 times.

Now with 3.0, I'm constantly connecting to edge. The speed seems normal for edge but its usable. I think this has to do with the phone constantly trying to connect to the internet (which is causing battery drain and warm phones) so its always trying to re-establish an edge connection. Or maybe they just improved the software.

It could also depend on what region your in.

5. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

yeah... for me i noticed it's a little slower w/low signal but much faster at high signal.. not really a problem for me (at the house 2 bars but wifi, and work 1 bar but wifi) haven't had a problem with phone calls

6. jashsayani thread starter macrumors regular

jashsayani

Hmm... 2 days after the upgrade, both EDGE and WiFi are Super !! :)