Slow Internet After Upgrade

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BenEndeem, Jul 20, 2011.

1. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

Since upgrading my MacBook Pro (2011) to Lion, all internet related applications have slowed down. Is there anything I can do to sort this out? Along the lines of dealing with Library setting? Many thanks.

2. cdlorenz macrumors newbie

Also having the same problem

I installed the Mac OS X Lion from the App Store this morning and after cannot connect to internet or App Store. Spent an hour and half on line with help desk and thought it was fixed but again it is still very slow. Any advice would be very helpful?

3. seong macrumors 65816

seong

It happened to me since DP4, if I remember correctly, but it doesn't matter now that the Lion GM/official release is giving me the same problem. When I realized that Lion was giving me a slow internet connection (for some reason.) I did a reinstall of Lion using the official release, and the problem is now gone. I have no idea what happened in between.

4. rtolboom macrumors member

Sometimes when internet hangs, disabling wifi and re-enabling it helps. Lets hope apple will fix it soon :)

5. meagain macrumors 68030

My safari is painfully slow also. I've rebooted, etc.

I must say this is the first thing Apple's put out that isn't working for me well. If I could find my Snow Leopard disc - I'd be reverting as I type - if only for spaces/expose'.

Can anyone tell WHY Safari/internet is running slow?

6. Tomaz macrumors 6502

Had the same problem for the first two hours of so. Now everything's fine and I didn't change anything. Maybe it has something to do with Lion reindexing the whole system (Spotlight..). I have the feeling when that was done, the interent problem disappeared. Could have been coincidence. Anyway, wait a few hours, the problem should solve itself. :)

7. jessejskinner macrumors newbie

slow internet

Yeah I have noticed a BIG difference in my interent. I have a MBP running Lion and my wife has a MacBook with Leopard and she has 2x as fast internet as I do. Not sure what to do. Would reinstalling help?

8. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

Memory Leak. Safari uses 200MB - 400MB of memory, Chrome uses like 80MB. Hopefully, Apple releases a fix in 5.2 :)

9. anniebobanie macrumors newbie

10. tonybregenza macrumors newbie

Hello i am using apple I phone 4 but i face slow internet problem in mine new Sony laptop. Somebody suggest me to use new speed maximizer software for increasing speed. Can u please tell me - will it remain better approach to use sky pc speed booster for our slow internet?