Slow Internet on Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jnbull, May 3, 2010.

1. jnbull macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I have been a mac convert for about a year and a half and am currently having a situation. This morning my macbook (13.3 unibody) just started acting strangely. My internet seems to be going very slowly on this machine. I have trouble pulling up webpages, sending emails through entourage, downloading objects and just generally anything that requires an internet connection. I have other devices in use on the network and none of those devices are having a problem (including a macbook pro, 2 ipads, and various windows boxes).

It does not seem as though the computer itself is having any speed problems just any item using the internet (i have tried, Chrome, Safari and Firefox). I am trying to download Onyx to see if that will help, but the download gets hung up before it sends out.

This started this morning when I was trying to send out an email attachment in Outlook that was 4 mb and another one that was 3mb. Ever since then things have been very strange and I really don't know what else to do.

If anyone has any suggestions or have had similar experiences, I would love to hear about it all.

Thanks so much for reading this!

Nick

2. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

I take it you've tried turning everything off, Macbook/Router/Modem/All and then restarting?

3. jnbull thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Slow Internet

Yes,

I did do all the normal resetting. I used to work for Web Services company back in the dialup age and that was always our first suggestion, and usually got people off the phone:)

I did some digging yesterday and found a suggestion which was to change the MTU settings in the network options. That seems to have worked because I am now back up and running at full speed.

Thanks for reading this and responding!

4. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Hah yes, I worked at Apple (iPhone) tech support for a while, and that seemed to solve about 90% of all problems :rolleyes:

Glad you got it sorted.