Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
Hi
I own 15'' rMBP base version since it came out and ML since release day as well but only recently (for past few days) browsing speeds, p2p downloads have been extreamly slow or non existing and skype calls are impossible. Interesting thing is that when I'm at Uni I use their network and it's fast but at home it's extreamly slow. The thing is that that's the case only on OS X, when I boot in to Windows 7 everything is fine again (I'm writing this topic on IE on Windows)
Do you have any idea what could be the problem and how to resolve it?
Back in a day when I used Windows as my main machine I used to reinstall it once in a while, may be I should do it woth ML?

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Hi
I own 15'' rMBP base version since it came out and ML since release day as well but only recently (for past few days) browsing speeds, p2p downloads have been extreamly slow or non existing and skype calls are impossible. Interesting thing is that when I'm at Uni I use their network and it's fast but at home it's extreamly slow. The thing is that that's the case only on OS X, when I boot in to Windows 7 everything is fine again (I'm writing this topic on IE on Windows)
Do you have any idea what could be the problem and how to resolve it?
Back in a day when I used Windows as my main machine I used to reinstall it once in a while, may be I should do it woth ML?

If you have 2.4 GHz and 5GHz Wifi at home, try only connecting to one or the other. I have problems with my 13" rMBP on my home 5GHz network and I'm not sure why.

Tritons

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
If you have 2.4 GHz and 5GHz Wifi at home, try only connecting to one or the other. I have problems with my 13" rMBP on my home 5GHz network and I'm not sure why.

The thing is that I didn't have any problems untill few days ago, I haven't really changed anything in my mac, haven't installed anything and router settings have been untoched. (And I have only 2.4Ghz router so that can't be the case)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.