Slow Keypad

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dog299, Jul 14, 2008.

1. dog299 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Has anyone noticed that the new 3G iphone had a slightly slower response time on the keypad when texting or emailing?

I am typing away and the phone is 2-3 letters behind? The 2G phone was seemingly never that far behind!? Is there a setting i can change?:rolleyes:

Cheers

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

My boyfriend's iPhone was doing the same thing. He thought it was weird he was a whole word ahead while the phone struggled to catch up. That would drive me insane!

3. ttech10 macrumors 6502

I believe it's something with 2.0.

Just press the home button then open SMS back up and should work fine. Haven't tried the same solution with Mail.

4. dog299 thread starter macrumors regular

Excellent thanks...will give it a go next time :cool:

5. drakeshipway macrumors 6502

drakeshipway

I have the same problem while in sms,
    and thanks for the home button thing, it works great :D

pce :apple:

6. sam3020 macrumors 6502

sam3020

Pressing the home button is a stupid fix to this problem. It is a software issue with 2.0. We will have to wait for Apple to fix this in the next release which with all these problems wont be too long away.

7. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I hope your right... I have been having to many problems... come on iPhone firmware 2.1

8. pbkiller macrumors regular

Yeah, it must be something with that 2.0 software, it really is kinda annoying compared to the previous iPhone software. Have u guys noticed that the Contacts icon is really slow, i mean you tap it, and u cant scroll or look for any contact for like 3 seconds?

:confused:

9. sam3020 macrumors 6502

sam3020

Yes the contacts is slow aswell. It is with both iphone and iphone 3G with 2.0. This is something you would of expected there beta testers to find. My brother is saying that exchange will not work properly for him either. I still have this yellow tint that apparently goes when you upgrade to the new build of 2.0. Although i think it is pathetic that people can actually moan about a yellow tint that looks pretty cool and not the slowness of the phone. Moaning about that is pretty pointless really although it has apparently being fixed. I am going to restore my iphone again now and see if it fixes anything

10. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

Yeah, I've notice. Actually, the whole phone is slower. Switching apps, even sliding to unlock is slower.... bummer.

11. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

For some reason, today was a really bad day for typing as I was literally several seconds behind and it got on my nerves quite a bit.

I am hoping the next update does something as it was REALLY lagging