SLOW Leopard!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by supmansa, Feb 11, 2010.

1. supmansa macrumors newbie

This is my second time around re-installing snow leopard - clean. Why is it so slow? The spinning whell comes up all the time, even for mundane tasks such as minimizing a window where I have to wait 10 or 15 seconds at a time.

This time around I installed all the latest updates and iLife '09 - but its still as slow as ever.

I also downloaded latest version of firefox.

I uses a late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.53ghz 15 inch, and previous OSX flies on this machine.

I'd like to go back to OSX Leopard but I can't cause I need the latest version of iPhone SDK which only runs on snow leopard.

What's going on here Apple? Your OS is unstable and slow, and there's no acknowledgement from your site whatsoever!!

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

It sounds like your hard drive is going rather then blaming it on the software.

3. Hmac macrumors 68020

Well, I don't speak for Apple, but I could throw in the observation that, of the 5 Macs in my family, all with Snow Leopard, no one is getting anything like the experience you describe. For us, SL works great.

I read the occasional complaints about Snow Leopard here on MR, but I just don't see it. I think it's Apple's best OS yet.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

How much of your HD is free space?
    Clearing your desktop, streamlining the number of apps, files, and general stuff on the laptop should help.

5. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

agreed. Or one of your RAM chips possibly died ? Or something like that.