Slow loading websites?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by boo98, May 31, 2015.

1. boo98 macrumors newbie

I was just curious if anyone has experienced slow loading websites with the rMB on Safari? I initially thought it was my internet connection but when I open the same website on my iMac, the page loads like a breeze. When I open the same page on my rMB, the loading bar pauses for a few seconds (sometimes more) and then loads the page.

2. headcase macrumors 6502

headcase

What extensions are you running on Safari, if any?

3. boo98 thread starter macrumors newbie

No extensions at all

4. GENX macrumors newbie

I am having this same issue with my 1.2 ghz RMB. I have no extensions running, set the Macbook up as a new computer when I got it and have cleared all website data from Safari. I originally suspected it was my internet or the computer not being fast enough but chrome runs/loads everything lightning fast. Sadly the battery is not good enough on this computer to just always use Chrome so I would love to get this issue fixed. I've noticed facebook struggle to open, along with other sites that have a lot of videos or photos, things like gamespot.com or a photographers website I went to. It's a weird issue.

5. Niarlatop macrumors member

It won't fix your specific issue but Chrome isn't the only alternative, you can try Firefox, it's a great browser.

6. boo98 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm wondering if this is a Safari issue or a rMB issue?

7. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I use Firefox and have experienced some slowness on certain sites that run a lot of scripts (ads). 99% of the time it's just an article I want to read, only to be bombarded by ads. I just close the tab. My MBAs used to do this also which was annoying.

8. GENX macrumors newbie

Well I had a maxed out 2013 15' MBPR right before switching to the new RMB and it had no issues on safari what so ever. The issues began the day I started using the RMB, thats why I initially thought the computer couldnt handle it but than when I saw all the other browsers working and realized it must be some problem between RMB and Safari.