Slow Loading

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merackon, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Merackon macrumors member

Hi all,

This is a rather annoying problem that I have been getting recently. I upgraded to an 840 EVO 250GB in early June this year, and did a clean install of OS X Mavericks and enabled TRIM.

However, the loading times for programs and shutdown times is extremely long, longer even than the old SSD that was in the laptop originally (which was replaced due to capacity issues and the fact that it was registering HDD level read and write speeds).

Do you have a solution to the issue, bearing in mind that I am now running Yosemite BETA (legit version, as in 1m bunch) and only have a couple of apps installed outside of the generic range that Apple includes, yet things like FaceTime and Messages still take like 5-8 bounces to load :S?

If anyone could provide some experience or constructive assistance I would be very grateful, as I get sort of annoyed when little things like this happen.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

P.S: This is on an Early 2011 15 inch base config; i7-2635m, 6490m, 4GB RAM, so could it just be a longevity issue?

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Have you tested the r/w speeds to the drive? Easy enough to with Blackmagic and it will tell you if it is a drive or OS issue.

3. Merackon thread starter macrumors member

Black magic gives the expected times for an SSD of this calibre.

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Well the drive itself is fine then, you will need to look at the OS install again, also check which processes are running, that might give you a clue, only other self-help I can suggest is to re-install....