Slow motion & other effects in iMovie 11

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by vjaaan, Aug 7, 2011.

1. vjaaan macrumors 6502

I am making movies in iMovie 11 with digital video from a camcorder (Sony Digital 8 tapes captured into iMovie) and from a digital camera video and Palm Pre video. I converted the mpg movies to mp4.

But I cannot get the slow motion effects to become available to use. I have tried with video from all three of those sources.

How can I use the slow motion features?

I have a MacBook Pro.

Thanks.

2. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

I forgot to mention I was having this problem when making a trailer only. The feature works fine with larger clips in my movie.

Shall I assume the slow motion type of effects are not available with only smaller clips? Any idea how big the clip must be?

I assume this is not jut a problem when making trailers vs movies.

Thanks.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

More likely that that is the problem, effects not being available when making trailers.

4. ProEdgeBiker macrumors newbie

ProEdgeBiker

problem im finding is that when you want to adjust the speed(INSPECTOR-CLIP) it asks "CONVERT ENTIRE CLIP" then it OPTIMIZES IT... i couldnt wait, i canceled the optimization.....

5. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

did you already try converting the trailer theme into a project and then working on it?

6. vjaaan thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you saying that iMovie has an option to convert an entire Trailer project into the normal movie format, allowing it to be edited further?

Thanks.

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine