Slow Motion Videos Don't Import

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xmaseve, Sep 22, 2013.

1. xmaseve macrumors regular

I took some slow-motion videos today with my 5s (which is really neat) but when I got home and imported them to iPhoto (latest version) the videos don't import with the slow-motion...just at regular speed. Anyone else experience this? Is it just me? Or, is this a blatant oversight by :apple:?

Another issue with them is that when I iMessaged the videos to different people, some received them with the slow-motion effect and other without. Doesn't make any sense :confused::confused::confused:

2. xmaseve thread starter macrumors regular

3. tkao2025 macrumors regular

I just found this out this weekend......transferring slow mo back onto the computer using iphoto resulted in all parts of video being in slow mo. I agree, this is terrible implementation and so un-Apple like. Apple's motto is that everything should just work seamlessly and this does not support their case. Coupled with the fact that iOS 7 crashes sometimes on me, I'm beginning to wonder if Apple is rushing software out before they are ready for use.

4. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

I'm hoping they will update iPhoto so it can play it in slow motion as well as updating iMessage for Mac. This should be sooner than later...