Slow mouse tracking speed?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Eluzion, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Eluzion macrumors 6502

I'm using a Microsoft Presenter 8000 Bluetooth mouse on my Macbook Pro. I use the Microsoft Intellimouse software so I can map my side buttons and because I can't stand OS X's mouse acceleration with an actual mouse.

I have the mouse tracking speed maxed out but the speed is still too slow. Is there any way to multiply or further increase the tracking speed?

2. humbertohi macrumors newbie

Same problem

I have the exact same problem with this mouse (notebook presenter 8000). I upgraded the intellipoint software to mac version 6.2.2 (released on december 17th, 2007). The device is detected and "connected" but not shown as paired at the bluetooth hardware preferences menu. The dongle was not necessary at all. Still, the tracking or pointer speed is too slow for me.

I also noted something strange: when the mouse is all set up and "working", I go straight to the keyboard and mouse hardware preferences menu and modify the tracking speed to about the fourth of fifth line and it works just fine! However when I close this menu and go back to work with any other application, the tracking speed returns to its sluggish movement.

I wonder if this is related to the "connected but not paired" issue?