Slow Music.app on iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Jantelagen, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Jantelagen macrumors regular

Jantelagen

Upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 GM on Wednesday evening. Was underwhelmed by the new App Store makeover, but I had looked forward to a redesigned iPod.app/Music.app.

But it was slow as molasses, as the saying goes. Shuffling through my 3000 song library was really slow compared to iOS 5 - I felt the phone struggle to keep up with my regular speed of "nexting" songs, as if it took it a while to discover each album art and load it properly.

I updated my iPhone in order not to let my computer be on all night re-converting everything to 128 kbps AAC, but maybe this was my fault. Anyways - what are your experience with the new design? Is it slower?

(PS. It's sloppy that the lock screen music controls in iOS 6 still has the old blue progress bar and the uglier slider knob. I mean, just keep it consistent for Jobs sake.)

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

The issues with the stores are back-end issues and will probably be fixed before the public launch next week.

I like the new Music app - about time it was given a major overhaul, but the colours make it look like an inverted iTunes store. It should be black for consistency.

I agree with you about the music controls, it's not consistent. I hope they correct this in a 6.x update.