Slow performance over screen sharing

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by Tech198, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Tech198 macrumors G5

When using built in Finder side bar to access Mac Mini from my other Mac, i encounter slow performance to the point, best describes it as, i can see the Mac HD disk window opening up from small to window size when u double click, menu scrolling is slow as well

I started seeing this when i started doing random pass-disk erases on two external drive via Terminal,, and saw a spike in Activity Monitor: (attached) under the process.

However the issue is only slow over wifi,,, when i connect to Mac mini via LAN, everything is ok.

I am sitting right next to N router and while i have Apple on Wifi network as well, it doesn't have any problems. Mac mini is connected to router via Cat 6 cable.

Could it be just resolution? if i move mouse, its fast as ever even over Wifi,, its just the windows/menus transiting which is slow.

Attached Files:

2. Tech198 thread starter macrumors G5

Solution solved,,, it was due to me running two Terminal sessions at once,,, Coupled with the fact the Mac mini only has 4 Gig, and going over screen share it probably asking too much..

Resorted back to just one Terminal session, and everything back to normal.