Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harryshouse

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2014
Hi

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro 2.8 Intel core duo with 4GB ram. I've recently upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1.....

When running games that used to run perfectly, things are slowing to a crawl. I have the graphics processor on, I have run disk utilities to verify and repair etc with no problems. When running the application, I switch to Activity monitor, its only using 47% of my CPU, and 850mb of memory - there's nothing else running thats significantly using other resources. Is this due to the OS update?....or could this be a deeper issue?

If its the OS upgrade, is there a way to go back to the previous version? Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
A clean install??

Hi

I have a 2010 Macbook Pro 2.8 Intel core duo with 4GB ram. I've recently upgraded to Yosemite 10.10.1.....

When running games that used to run perfectly, things are slowing to a crawl. I have the graphics processor on, I have run disk utilities to verify and repair etc with no problems. When running the application, I switch to Activity monitor, its only using 47% of my CPU, and 850mb of memory - there's nothing else running thats significantly using other resources. Is this due to the OS update?....or could this be a deeper issue?

If its the OS upgrade, is there a way to go back to the previous version? Any help would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks in advance for any help!

I woudl reccomend a clean install of Yosemite Back up first of course and load your apps back on one at a time until the offending software is found.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/10/16/how-to-clean-install-os-x-yosemite/

You can create a bootable USB drive of mavericks to reinstall it if you like.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/revert-back-mavericks-from-yosemite-3581872/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.