Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spinnaay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Hi All,

I have a 2011 Thunderbolt MBP. Came with Snow Leopard.

I used the transfer tool to move everything over from my old MB (2007) to the MBP.

I then updated to Lion when it was released (Summer 2011).

Since then certain parts of the OS run very slowly. Particular, Preview and other small sized utilities.

Does anyone have any advice on how to run some diagnostics? I feel there might be some legacy issues pulled across from the transfer of 4 years of data and settings from the MB.

Thanks all

Thom

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Since then certain parts of the OS run very slowly. Particular, Preview and other small sized utilities.
Launch Activity Monitor and change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes", then click on the CPU column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top). Then look to see what may be consuming system resources.

Performance Tips For Mac OS X

Spinnaay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Nothing realling above 5%. Preview swings up to 10-15% when loading and scrolling a PDF.

Spinnaay

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2007
Does any one know how to check reset one application to factory settings or similar. Re installing preview could help.

Many thanks

T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.