Slow processor?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 10, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I've watched a few videos of the Apple Watch in use and it seems surprisingly slow. It doesn't seem to give instant responses to things. A number of times I've seen people have to try a second time to get it to do something, including the official demonstrators.

In one video they demonstrated the Instagram app and it was painfully slow. There was even the equivalent of the beachball of death while it rendered the tiny picture onto its screen.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm sure there is some lag time b.c it has to actually launch the app on your phone. If your phone recently opened the app, I am sure it is faster.

My reaction has been the opposite. Having owned nearly every smartwatch currently available it looks smooth and very responsive.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I've seen some of those hiccups too and wonder if it's the h/w or the s/w. My gut tells me its the s/w and that something Apple hasn't quite perfected yet and the reason why in 2015 late April (Easter+3 weeks and a month until Memorial Day) is the "early" part of the year. Clearly Apple delayed the watch release because it needed further tweaking.

4. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

my assumption was it was slow because of network congestion. there was what 250-500 people, Probably EVERY ONE live tweeting in that place? Im sure they tried to optimize it, but if it works that well in a crowd like that, i'll be happy!