Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi guys,

I gave a bit of a problem here.
I got my iPhone 5, restored it from iPhone 4 's backup.
Now, someone mentions me on twitter. I receive mention in ± 3minutes on my iPhone 5 with Tweetbot while it's ok with my Macbook Pro and Twitter for it.
Same with eBay. I get message, I'm already answered it, deleted email about it and still I get notification 2-5minutes later.

How could I fix it? Or it's iPhone 5's and iOS 6 issue?

Thanks

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
this is semi-related, but my push notifications for mail have never been consistently 'instant' on my iphone 4 from ios 4 - 5.1.1

if I'm expecting an important e-mail, I tend to manually fetch repeatedly as to avoid that rare time the push notification comes 15 minutes late.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
this is semi-related, but my push notifications for mail have never been consistently 'instant' on my iphone 4 from ios 4 - 5.1.1

if I'm expecting an important e-mail, I tend to manually fetch repeatedly as to avoid that rare time the push notification comes 15 minutes late.

All other push'es are perfect. Mail is fine, text's are fine, don't know about iMessage really. There's basically no way to check that, but I don't really iMessage a lot.

All notifications were perfect on my iPhone 4 all two years. The same eBay and tweetbot worked even faster and received notifications faster than my MBP...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.