Slow Release

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceboots06, Jun 6, 2011.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

44% of mobile phones run iOS, which is awesome. I can rub this into my Android friends because they're always bragging about how their operating systems are better... BUT.

Does anyone agree with me that iOS5 seems behind? I feel like repositories in Cydia has been hosting stuff that does all this stuff already, and has been doing it for quite a while nevertheless. There are already jointed notification applications, many many many widgets, Twitter apps, Wi-Fi Sync, camera lock screen shortcuts, Activator, etc... Photo editing in the App Store can already be found. This is lame. Game Center? Yawn. I'm unhappy. I was expecting game changing and new things, not things I already have on my JB'd phone that don't urge me to lose my jailbreak...

Reading list, iMessage and reminders looks kind of cool. This isn't anything too earth-shattering though. I like the dictionary part, that's about it. I was expecting laser beams and teleportation.

What do you think? Am I jumping to conclusions? I don't want to upgrade... yet. Unsettled TBH.

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Your jumping to conclusions. there are only "N" number of apple developers and infinite number of developers writing apps for jailbroken phones. Of course those apps will come out faster then what Apple can put out.

3. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Android user here.

I have been reading some of the live blogs of the WWDC and it seems to me that Apple is starting to take cues from some of the more popular mobile OS's out there.

For example, people here on the forum have been complaining about the iOS notification and iOS 5 addresses that.

Its only natural. No, its not earth shattering, but I am not sure that Apple could deliver laser beams and teleportation without a simultaneous hardware upgrade (which isn't for a few months, according to rumors).

4. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

This is silly and not an excusable reason as to why they're lagging with their releases. It's not like they just thought of this stuff.

5. pyro008 macrumors 6502

I wouldn't be too quick to rub that in their faces, Android is still more popular for phone OS, but Apple dominates with the iPod and iPad, which brings them up to 44%.