Slow Responding Keyboard???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by gtimark, Mar 19, 2008.

1. gtimark macrumors member

I have a new 2.4 GHz MacBook with 2 gigs of RAM ... and the keyboard response is very slow, especially the delete key. I type a word, and my fingers are faster than the display time. This is particularly noticeable when backspacing and correcting typos.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Better yet, any ideas to improve response time? I'm almost missing my old Windows based machine. :(

Thanks in advance for any info!

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Is this in one particular program, or everywhere? Is some other process dominating your computer's resources? I've never seen this sort of problem before (and I'm typing on a comparatively ancient dual processor PowerMac G4, so...).

3. gtimark thread starter macrumors member

It is most annoying while using MS 's Word, but it seems to happen even when I'm typing things like this post. Although, I notice the display can keep up with my fingers at this moment in time. Hmmmmm. Is it a Microsoft thing?

4. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Most likely. Office is notoriously sluggish. Which version are you using?

5. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

My buddy is having the same prob. with his new MBP ONLY when using Microsoft Office '08.. I have a MB w/ Microsoft Office '04 and have absolutely no problems at all..

6. gtimark thread starter macrumors member

I'm using Office '04, Student/Teacher edition. Actually, I noticed that all the editing functions are VERY sluggish with it. IE. when cutting large sections of text (4 sentences) and pasting them elsewhere.

Is iWorks (or whatever the Mac word processor program is called) more responsive?

7. gtimark thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE: I took the machine into the Apple Store; and they decided that indeed the keyboard (keys - 'delete' and 'forward stroke' were defective). As that my MB is so new, they simply give me a new one and swapped the hard drives. At least it wasn't all in my head!

Thumbs up to Apple :apple:

8. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

thats cool i have the same thing on mine when i run MS Word (Junk) but oh well i just guess i will live with it.

9. ralex macrumors newbie

10. qsch macrumors newbie

I have the same problem and thought it was the system so re-installed leapord and it's still doing it. Even typing this letter, the letters type really slow or miss out. What is the exact part I need to change? I have a macbook pro using 10.5. Thanks