Slow restarts with leopard, Ipod not detecting issues...

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
Im having a problem. Got a 20" alumium mac, and upgraded to leopard fine without a hitch or blue screen problem. Now after having to restart a couple times do to my new Ipod Nano not being auto detected i notice it takes about 3 minutes or so to do a restart when it took no more than a minute max on tiger. im trying to find a corralation between the 2 things happening but cant seem to figure it out. All i know is its taking extremely long to restart and my nano after being plugged in for a while will dissapear and even after unplugging it and plugging it back in it wont detect until i restart the computer and then it will autodetect. Any help would be appreciated.

appie57

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2006
Netherlands
Im having a problem. Got a 20" alumium mac, and upgraded to leopard fine without a hitch or blue screen problem. Now after having to restart a couple times do to my new Ipod Nano not being auto detected i notice it takes about 3 minutes or so to do a restart when it took no more than a minute max on tiger. im trying to find a corralation between the 2 things happening but cant seem to figure it out. All i know is its taking extremely long to restart and my nano after being plugged in for a while will dissapear and even after unplugging it and plugging it back in it wont detect until i restart the computer and then it will autodetect. Any help would be appreciated.
How about external drives? Try offhook them. Or networking?

Comment

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
How about external drives? Try offhook them. Or networking?
I havent tried that yet since im running time machine and im on a wireless connection. How would unplugging my external drives speed up my restart time and not detecting my ipod. Not questioning you, just would like to know as it would be a pain in the butt to have to unplug my external drive everytime i restart just to it moves quicker.

Comment

dannyar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2007
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point. Do you think a full shutdown and reboot would help. Maybe unplugging my external drive and rebooting for w/e reason. im open to suggestions. im more upset at the fact that a reboot is needed to detect my ipod not so much at the reboot speed since i rarely have to restart.

Comment