Slow screen sharing

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Muldert, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Muldert macrumors member

Since I updated both my iMac (late 2012) and my Macbook Air (2012) to Mavericks without wiping my disks, screen sharing from one to another is very slow on the initial connection.

When wife is working on iMac, and I am on MBA, I use command+K to connect to the iMac. The first time I do this (in a period of 30 minutes or so) is very slow, and can take up to 20 seconds before I see her screen. When I exit SS and re-enter this takes less than a second.

When both the computers had ML, this was no issue as the initial connection was also less than a second.

We are on the same network. Any way to speed this up?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Not having these issue myself, and I also did an upgrade rather than a full reinstall. I can grab our MP and my rMBP in a couple of seconds.

First place I'd look is activity monitor to see what's running....if there isn't any loading there then you might be looking at a clean install.

Rather than wiping the Mac, try a non-destructive install first...this will not cause data loss:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4345132

Worth a try first.

3. htep macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've got a similar issue after upgrading my mac mini and my Macboo pro Retina to mavericks. Before that, everything works fine. I use my mac mini as a media server. Screen sharing helps me in remotely use VLC or Itunes.

When I use screen sharing, the conexion is fast, no problem but after that, the screen sharing app goes crazy in the activity monitoring. I can't kill it from the dock, I can't move the mouse on the target screen sharing... I have to wait 1min (or kill from activity monitoring) and the app come back to normal (and I can use it)... But as soon as I use an app in full screen on the targeted mac, screen sharing bug again...

I don't know why...

I do not use the firewall ans I didn't do a clean install of maverick.

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Turning off Scaling remedies the lagging problem for me.

Not an ideal solution, but it works...

5. htep macrumors newbie

Hello,

What is scaling? Where is this option?

6. ghboard2010 macrumors member

Slow Screen Sharing. . . Scaling

In Screen Sharing Preferences:

Attached Files:

7. tigerintank macrumors regular

new rMBP here and have the same problem - not really a big deal for me as long as its fixed on 10.9.1 or 2

8. htep macrumors newbie

Thanks, I find the feature but the issue is still there.
    I'm unable to have acces to the mouse when VLC is in fullscreen.

The issue happend sometime when I use firefox with screen sharing.

Very wird...