Slow screen wake up from standby... 3G 3.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by esadb, Sep 17, 2009.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

For some reason my iphone seems to have a delay in the screen wake up when its in standby. this seemed to have started after 3.1 update.

What is weird is when the phone is plugged into the charger and i try to wake it up the screen changes instantly. While its running on the battery it takes like a 2-3second delay.

Also, if i wake the phone up. then put it in standby then try to wake it up like 2 seconds after the wake up is instant no delay.

But if i wake the phone up, then put it to standby and leave it be for 5minutes or so then it shows the delay of 3seconds before the screen turns on.

I highly doubt it my home button as when im in a application and want to close it as soon as i hit the home button it closes the APP.

Anyone else have seen this issue?

2. mohicanspap macrumors regular

There has been some "minor" bugs in the new 3.1 software. Random freezing, reboot, and I think I also heard something about the delay of sleep/wake button. In the 3.1 beta these bugs existed but now in the final version it seems that Apple hasn't worked around them yet. So lets hope that 3.1.1 solves this problem.

3. esadb thread starter macrumors 65816

esadb

is there any info on when 3.1.1 is gonna be released?

Also i keep getting these messages saying that no data network was found etc..when all im trying to do is sent a txt msg and i have perfect reception.

4. mohicanspap macrumors regular

Hmmmm well perhaps you might want to consider a restore. And if you are jailbroken then re jailbreak again.