Slow shutdown times

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wildwobby, Apr 20, 2008.

1. wildwobby macrumors member

Lately, I've been getting a problem where when I shutdown, it take about one minute of hanging with everything closed before it turns off. It just shows the background and a little revolving circle thingy. How do I figure out what the problem is? Are there any logs taken during shutdown? I have a feeling it a daemon or service in the background causing problems.

Thanks,
    Wildwobby

2. wildwobby thread starter macrumors member

3. realbhatti macrumors newbie

Long shutdown = hardware issue?

not sure if this is covered yet or not, but how do you differentiate between a hardware issue and a software issue if you have the problem of a long shutdown time...ive seen on this forum that many people are saying their shutdown times are between half a minute to a minute, but i have experienced far worse seeing my MBP takes 5 minutes. I have checked the activity monitor and have closed down all applications before hand, even ran disk utility and did a disk repair (it was saying that my harddrive was corruptted). Any suggestions comments would help a lot.

4. Lukee macrumors newbie

Slow shutdown

i know this is an old thread but i'll post this incase others are looking for answers here.

using this in terminal worded for me.

cd /
    sudo chown root:admin /

Hope it does for you to.

5. couto27 macrumors 6502

my shutdown problem solved

this is old post but i found the solution to my 20s slow shutdown

mbp 13 late 2009 - mac osx 10.5.8+bootcamp w7
    ocz vertex2

my problem was the latest driver from ralink rtusb wireless software.

i hope will help someone.