Slow shutdowns

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ifti, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Ifti macrumors 68000

My MacBook used to shut down within a second or two. My previous 2010 MBP used to do the same.
    Since the last few OSX updates it takes a good 20-30 seconds before it shuts down.
    I notice others have had the same issue - any solutions??

Ive checked to ensure nothing is running, all apps are closed, and nothing running in the background.....

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

It's a topic of discussion on many threads here...It happens on both my MBP and my MBA....No fix as yet.

3. NJFP macrumors 6502

Do a search under "slow shut down." It's a known problem. Some have workarounds, some do and some don't work. Apple knows about it, has to be fixed on their end.

4. windowstomac macrumors regular

My shutdowns have been slow since Lion and then Mountain Lion, nothing's got me close to SL speeds.

5. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Yep, it's a known issue. Had the same problem for the past few OSX updates. You can try some of the workarounds out there, but I have yet to find one that works. Like someone above said, Apple really needs to fix this in an update.

6. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I have an SSD, therefore this bug pisses me off. I am hoping Apple fixes OSX soon.

7. Snowcake macrumors regular

Mine Macbook pro early 2008 did that too the last days of his life. Then the motherboard died... :mad: Happened a month ago.
    I am gonna bake the motherboard in the oven at 200C for 10 minutes. Some people reported good results with it.

To bad i don't have enough money to buy a Macbook Pro. :(

8. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

My Crucial M4 and MBP takes about 10 seconds to shut down.