slow speeds, annoying pinwheel at times

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by cschmi001, Jun 29, 2010.

1. cschmi001 macrumors newbie

hi i bought my macbook in februray its the new unibody model, well its been working like dream:D till almost a month ago, i downloaded about 3.1 gbs of music onto it and it was working ok:eek:, well now that i removed everything off the internal memory its running so slow:mad:!! my safari got updated and everytime i go to a website is see that blue bar lag to the other end:( , can anyone help me pls, i bought a 1tb external HD to keep memory free in the macbook to keep it from slowing down but its still slow .i am really considering selling this and getting an hp computer if i cant fix this, cause i paid nearly 2k dollars for the laptop :( and i dont really wanna get rid of it but i dont like slow computers specially if they are high end ones it contradicts itself, well any help will be much appreciated thanks!! :apple:

2. miicah macrumors regular

Open up activity monitor and post a screenshot here.

3. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

4. Pax macrumors 6502a

+1

in particular, show processes sorted by CPU usage and memory usage. pinwheeling might mean the CPU is really busy, or the memory is nearly full.

slow loading on Safari might be any number of things - eg your connection to the network. Try downloading Firefox. Is Firefox any faster on the same sites?

Your Mac should not be slow - there's probably a simple fix.