slow start up +globe image at startup + time machine question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by volcom883, Apr 20, 2009.

1. volcom883 macrumors regular

volcom883

hi,
    my new mac suddenly went from a 30 seconds start up to a 2 minutes start up! in the beginning there is a globe/world image appearing.

i read on a few forums that the hd is corrupted and that i should do a complete recovery.
    i tried disk utility and checked the volume but it gave me no errors whatsoever

is really the only way to fix this a complete recovery?
    if yes, will my time machine back up reinstall everything i had in my folders including installed applications?

thanks

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you do decide to do a reinstall, Time Machine will be able to get restore your most recent backup. During the initial setup stage (first time booting into OS X, register info etc.) there will be a window that will ask you if you want to restore using Time Machine.

3. macman221187 macrumors newbie

That globe means you are net booting your computer. Go to system preferences and click on startup disk and change that to your macintosh HD disk.

4. volcom883 thread starter macrumors regular

volcom883

yeahhhhhh that fixed the issue!
    i remember changing the options in trying to access my windows laptop through wifi from my mac..

random question now:
    im using safari 3 and when playing back a video if i open new pages while they are first loading the youtube video will freeze for a second! is this a common issue?