Slow startup on FULL charge only, at home only

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cire1244, Mar 23, 2015.

1. cire1244 macrumors regular

Alright this one has me stumped.

My 2013 Macbook Pro acts really weirdly when waking up after it gets fully charged at home. It basically acts as if the battery has completely drained (with the slow startup, multiple login screens, "restoring" of the desktop, etc.). As a result, I've resorted to making sure it is never plugged in when I am not using it. When the battery is less than 100% (but more than 0%), it starts up quickly and without issue.

This happens every time I leave it to charge overnight or a long period of time. I have tried 2 different AC adapters and the same thing happens. But here's the kicker: it only happens at home! Hotels, other people's houses, etc has no issue. I recently had the battery replaced through Apple as well, so the battery is virtually new. This leads me to believe it is some circuitry issue with my home but aren't AC adapters supposed to fully regulate the power input to the computer? Never had any other problems with other electronics in my home.

Anyone else ever encounter this problem or have any idea on how to resolve it?

Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. cire1244 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip. Had tried this in the past with my old battery, but not with my new one. I reset the SMC and no luck, still the same issue after an overnight charge.

One other quirk that makes no sense to me is that the computer will start itself up when I unplug it after it's fully charged. Even with the monitor closed. And it behaves just like a dead battery. Again, only on a full charge and only at home.

Any other ideas?

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Take it back to apple

and say that their battery change has done something get them to fix it.

5. thohei macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem - did you find a solution?

6. thohei macrumors newbie

The problem has been resolved for me since the 2016 upgrade to Sierra....