Slow Stuttering Online Video In Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rassoodock, Mar 30, 2009.

1. rassoodock macrumors member

I watch a lot of online video – mostly on YouTube. In recent months, I have noticed a significant problem with the video “stuttering” during playback – almost like it’s a series of stills rather than a moving picture. This problem clears up when I clear my cache and then relaunch Safari.

It would seem that Safari needs more memory for the cache, but I cannot find anyplace to give it more memory. It is also curious that this has not always been a problem and suddenly becomes one. It may have started when I upgraded to the latest version of Safari, but can’t be sure about that.

Can anyone help me eliminate this online video issue?

2. dg45 macrumors regular

same problem here!!!

i just bought this PB titanium 2 weeks ago, its my first mac and i have the same problem.
    i have a 1ghz processor and 1 gb of ram and 64mb of video ram.
    i tryed using safari and firefox both react the same.
    if i knew that this powerbook was like this i would never buy it.
    i had a gateway that was older than this PB and it didn't have the this porblem.
    i hope this can be solved?
    what are your specs?

3. rassoodock thread starter macrumors member

I'm on a G5 dual 2.5 GHz tower running OS 10.4.11 with 3GB ram. I have a ATI Radeon 9600 XT with 128MB of VRAM.

4. dg45 macrumors regular

you got some good specs and your still have the same problem as me.
    i have a older gateway laptop with windows os 600mhz and 512mb and the videos play fine.
    i startin to think theres something wrong with these apple os or apps.
    i hope someone replys and helps us solve this problem before i throw this powerbook out the window.

thanks