Slow sync (Backing up Step)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by komquat, Nov 22, 2010.

1. komquat macrumors newbie

The backing up step on my syncing of the ipad takes forever (15-30 minutes). Is this normal for all users? I am doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance...

2. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

better then mine it was at 1/2 an hour and still at 20%. I decided screw it, and I am starting a new by restoring.

3. PoisonScorpion macrumors member

It depends on the time since your last sync. If your last sync was yesterday then something is up. If it was a month or two ago, I'd let it sit for awhile.

4. cas85 macrumors regular

like the above poster said...my last sync was over a month ago and i just let it do it's thing. it took around an hour if i can remember correctly. just be patient, it'll work.

5. IamHermann0069 macrumors member

IamHermann0069

Yeah it is a pain in the ass.... I have been waiting about 40 minutes... I do not plug my iPad into iTunes very often (CLEARLY) haha

My question is... Do you need an internet connection in order to continue the backup? I ended up sleeping at my sister's house last night (Damn Minnesota Vikings forced me to get drunk again last night) and now have to get back to my house to get ready for work. It is only a 10 minute drive so I am not worried about battery life, but I was wondering if I keep the computer open can I make the drive to my house?

I just don't want to have to start the backup over! It takes FOREVER and I need my iPad for work.