Slow syncing?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dublo7, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Dublo7 macrumors regular

I got a 16GB Touch and I've noticed the syncing is pretty damn slow. Is this the same with anybody else's?

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

How slow is it can you elaborate a little more slow to you may not be slow to everyone else

3. Dublo7 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, I should have posted, the problem seems to have been fixed. I updated to 1.1.1 and it's all good now ;)

4. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

yes, quite a noticable difference from past ipods i must say, could that flash over the Hdd have anything to do with it?:confused:

5. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

My brothers Nano is like 10x faster than my touch and both devices are flash based. How do we explain this?

6. joxer macrumors newbie

Took maybe 5 or more attempts to get my first successful sync. I would get so far, and then I would get iTunes error messages saying that the disk wasn't responding on the touch, or that the device was disconnected. I tried a few thing in iTunes but eventually just ejecting and reconnecting it would make progress again. Probably took the better part of an hour, syncing around 14GB of data total. Later syncs are much faster, haven't really compared to my 3G ipod which doesn't get sync'd very often at all. There is a lot more to sync here, video, photos, contacts (doesn't actually work as far as I can see with yahoo).