Slow "Tap-to-Click" with "Dragging" enabled

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by johnywalker1989, Oct 21, 2012.

1. johnywalker1989 macrumors regular

Anyone found a way to fix the response of "Tap-to-Click" when "Dragging" is enabled?

If anyone fixed it response please.

2. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

I'm using tap-to-click and three finger drag without any issue. Can you describe the problem you are having?

3. johnywalker1989 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the answer. I want to have three-finger swipe for mission control and that stuff so my only way to drag a file without clicking is to enable Dragging from: Accessibility/Mouse & Trackpad/Trackpad Options/Enable dragging.

But when I enable that, and you can try it by yourself the tap-to-click response is slower.

4. rrm998 macrumors regular

rrm998

I believe you. I'm using the four finger option for Mission Control. For me, I find 4 fingers to be an easer gesture then 3 fingers. I'm new enough to the Mac OS that I didn't have any history with other gestures when I bought my rMBP.

I've been trying to keep a "just do it the way Apple says I should" approach as much as possible. That's just me of course.

5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I'm on SL right now but maybe your problem has to do with the 3-finger tap for dictionary? Disable that.

You'll have to figure out where though. :D