Slow to connect to wifi?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by i0Nic, Sep 11, 2011.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys,

I have a new 13" macbook air and it's my fourth mac, and the first I've had with this little issue.

When I wake my computer from sleep, it takes a good 20-30 seconds to connect to my home wifi network. My previous Mac's would just connect right away but this seems to take a while. Sometimes it works faster if I just turn off wifi and then turn it back on.

Is this a known issue with either OS X Lion or the new MacBook Air's? Anyone ever face a similar issue?

I don't think I'm being too picky or anal about it, since none of my previous Macs behaved like this.

2. killerrobot, Sep 11, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011

killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I think it's a bug with Lion - there have been several Lion threads about internet dropping/not reconnecting after sleep.
    My MBP actually will never re-connect after waking - I always have to do it manually, so your Air is running a bit better than my MBP. :p

If it's reconnecting but just slow you might want to try some of these ideas:
    http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/22/wifi-dropping-in-os-x-lion-fixes/

3. qwerf123 macrumors regular

Sort of agree with he guy above, but think its more to do with the latest update (10.7.1) as I wasn't facing it until I installed it a few weeks ago.