slow to view recent SMS messages/conversations

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jl9148, Jul 22, 2008.

1. jl9148 macrumors newbie

whenever i am actively on my iphone and receiving a text message, a blue pop-up comes up asking me to view/ignore the full message. whenever i touch "view," it pulls up the SMS application, however it takes FOREVER to pull up the recent SMS messages.

i thought this was due to having a ton of text messages stored on my iphone, but then i deleted all SMSs, and it is still taking forever to load messages up from the blue pop-up. i even thought this was due to have many applications stored on my iphone (3rd party apps and apple-approved apps), so then i did a complete restore with pawnage and had nothing else installed. i even opted to not install cydia. and yet, it still takes a long time to load recent SMS messages.

it seriously takes like 20-25 seconds to load one single message/conversation.

any help is appreciated. thanks.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

When I open up the SMS application, it takes 3-4 seconds to load the conversation. I wish it was faster, but I can live with it.