Slow Video Converters

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Canon Rock, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Canon Rock macrumors member

Anyone knows any good free Video Converters? I have avi file movies and most of the movies have 2 parts to watch the whole movie and each file is like 700mb or if the movie is in one big file its like 1500mb. So are there any converters out there that can convert fast (doesnt have to be like lightning fast, it can take like 15-30 min or so) and keeps the original quality,sound,and frame-rate etc.

(If there is a program thats really good and if I have to buy it, list those as well and if I can maybe I can use torrent or something or just buy it)

Thanks guys

2. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Handbrake usually does a very good job. You'll need to install the latest VLC too, since Handbrake needs it.

3. Canon Rock thread starter macrumors member

wats a vlc? Thanks for the post as well!

Edit: Whats it used for? I read the thing at the site but its just like a normal Winamp player thing.

4. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

It has DVD decoding technology built in, which is what Handbrake uses. (I think. If I'm wrong, would someone more knowledgeable please correct me)

5. Canon Rock thread starter macrumors member

Is there anything better than Handbrake? I tried it but it takes nearly 2 hours to convert a movie. I have lots of movies that I want to transfer to my ipod Touch. Is there any other converter or some other way? I heard that if you jailbreak you Ipod Touch, you can go to certain sites using Cydia to watch movies online or directly download it for free.

6. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

What kind of computer do you have? If it's an older one (and it depends on the settings you use) it's not going to be fast no matter what program you use.