Slow Video since OS Reinstall

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by inhalexhale, Dec 27, 2010.

1. inhalexhale, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

inhalexhale macrumors member

I received a new MBP for Christmas. It's a great machine, and I am really liking Mac so far.

I did a reinstall on the OS after about a day of use. I thought it would be a good way to become familiar with the system, as I had been watching all the apple.com tutorial videos trying to become an expert.

Everything seems fine after the reinstall. I deleted the partition, installed the OS/apps, let the updates run, and then renamed the hard drive back to Macintosh HD.

I noticed two things since reinstalling.

#1) Videos seem to load slower (apple tutorials)

#2) They no longer auto-play like they originally did before the reinstall.

Also...

I watched an entire HD stream of South Park with no stuttering prior to the reinstall. Now, I can't even get through 30secs of low quality without buffering.

I checked on my PC, and none of these issues are happening so it's not an internet thing.

How can I fix/change this?

2. inhalexhale thread starter macrumors member

I have a genius bar appointment tomorrow. I called applecare, and the guy seemed clueless.

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Could this have to do with browser plugins? What browser are you using? Also did you install all the system updates after you did the reinstall?