Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
UK
I'm using the new MacBook with a Magic Mouse and I've noticed youtube videos not loading at all and download speeds of 100kbs. When I disconnected the Bluetooth it went up to 20mb/s. is this a problem with the retina macbook?

lightz39

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
No its a problem with bluetooth and wifi. Connect via 5ghz and the problem won't exist anymore.

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
UK
No its a problem with bluetooth and wifi. Connect via 5ghz and the problem won't exist anymore.

Thanks however not sure my router supports 5ghz I will have to check. If not I will have to use a different wireless mouse that connects via USB.
Do you know any good mouse that allow mac features like smooth scrolling?

lightz39

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
I have no experience with any other mice. Only the Magic Mouse. I suggest going to a 5ghz router if you can though. You will be able to achieve a much faster connection.

ipodmac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
UK
I have no experience with any other mice. Only the Magic Mouse. I suggest going to a 5ghz router if you can though. You will be able to achieve a much faster connection.

Ok thank you I will try to buy a 5Ghz router.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.