Slow wireless access on WRT320N ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lapino, Oct 27, 2009.

1. lapino macrumors regular

I recently installed a Linksys 320N wireless router. Works fine with cable, but wireless I get pretty disappointing speeds. The router is set to work at N-speed (also tried mixed) and almost all settings are default. But speed is WAY too slow.

Any advice?

2. lapino thread starter macrumors regular

Would like to bump this. When I put my new 13" MBP right next to the router, istumbler shows only about 70% range. When working from my living room, drops to 35%. Anyone?

3. colmiak macrumors newbie

my new 13" mbp has much worse wireless performance on Snow Leopard compared to Windows 7. I do have crappy signal on my network though so i expect low speeds, but on Windows 7 it is much faster and rarely hangs like it does all the time in Snow Leopard.

It's not a big deal for me since I only use Snow when i'm on out and about on battery and therefore use other wifi networks with stronger signals then the one at my house (which is actually my neighbors wifi and i only get 1 -2 wifi bars in win7 and 2 in snow). I think the driver's for Snow Leopard need to be updated.

if you have win7 installed, i'd love to know if you find performance is better for you on there too.

4. SurferMan macrumors 65816

yup same for me, my mbp 13 sucks on wireless, but my pc desktop on wireless in a different room is fast as hell online. My mbp buffer's videos and is slower loading pages or when on forums etc. I have a dlink router and comcast high speed, I can be right near my wireless router and it doesn't show full bars, like 70-80% too on avg sometimes full bars but doesn't seem to affect speed, and when my friend brought his mbp over it did the same thing.