Slow Youtube

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iHuman1337, Mar 16, 2012.

1. iHuman1337 macrumors newbie

I just got my new iPad this afternoon. After some testing, I found that Youtube has been unbearably slow. I've tried turning buetooth off and changing my DNS server to 8.8.8.8 or 208.67.222.222. None of them worked.

Any ideas on why this is happening. I've tried other video sites like Netflix and Crunchyroll and they all work fine. Seems to be just Youtube.

2. gigemzach macrumors 6502

Use the web-based version instead. Much quicker and better designed.

3. M87 macrumors 65816

Sometimes YouTube itself is just slow. I've watched a few YouTube videos and have had no problems.

4. iHuman1337 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thing is, I'm using the web-based version as well, and it's still slow.

5. Preed08 macrumors regular

Man YouTube is almost always slow for me, no matter the device

6. iHuman1337 thread starter macrumors newbie

When you guys use Youtube, do you guys use the Safari web version? If so, do you guys watch in HQ on the iPad 3, because that is what I'm doing, and I'm still getting slow videos.

7. SecretNY macrumors member

Same problem here. Side by side with my iPad 2 and the iPad 2 blazes through the video while the new iPad spins...

8. EnderTW macrumors 6502

iOS devices have always had a problem with YouTube. Not sure if it's the HTML 5 or what. My android phone has no problem watching YouTube. One of the reasons I switched from iPhone. My new iPad is better but still doesn't buffer as fast as my android on same wifi.