Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
So I don't know if I did anything or if it's just my MBP. My daily routine of use with this beast is this: Open Firefox- maintain a website. Excel - 2 documents up at a time and Mail app open. That's it. I used to be able to edit excel text quickly, now my mac kind of freezes for 2-3 seconds before saving, changing text etc. This just started like yesterday. I am guess this is because of the new Office update since formulas don't even work for me anymore. Then again other programs are slow as well, so maybe its the system and not the update. Any ideas?

Orlandoech

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
So I don't know if I did anything or if it's just my MBP. My daily routine of use with this beast is this: Open Firefox- maintain a website. Excel - 2 documents up at a time and Mail app open. That's it. I used to be able to edit excel text quickly, now my mac kind of freezes for 2-3 seconds before saving, changing text etc. This just started like yesterday. I am guess this is because of the new Office update since formulas don't even work for me anymore. Then again other programs are slow as well, so maybe its the system and not the update. Any ideas?

Uninstall Office and see if things go back to normal. If so, problem solved. If not then possibly something else. Maybe try a time machine restore? Maybe try a clean OS X install?

Maybe try to rid of any programs that you dont use or may be causing conflict with any the above mentioned apps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.