Slowly Dying.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linden, Oct 3, 2008.

1. linden macrumors regular

linden

Hey guys. So I got my new iPod touch 1g and there a BIG battery problem. Its last for about 3 hours while playing music and like half an hour watching a video. Is this a problem with the firmare Or keep hearing people complain about or should I return?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

wifi on or off? screen always on? brightness at what? Apps running in the backround?

we need info

it does sound odd tho

3. shakir macrumors member

irrespective whether the wifi is on or off or whether the screen brightness is dim or bright. the battery shouldn't be that short. i surf the net while listening to music all the time and get 4 hours at least with the old touch. the new one should have a better battery from what i know. i've also watched movies with wifi turned on and still get to finish a 3 hour movie. and wifi if it is on but you're not using safari or downloading apps shouldn't affect the battery that much. i accidentally left wifi on overnight all the time and the battery only drains slightly if not at all.

apps can't run in the background so just u know and my brightness is full all the time. it's a defect. since it's new, just go claim your warranty. my cousin got the same problem and they changed it, no questions

edit: i thougt your's is a 2g ipod. anyway, the battery shouldn't drain that fast

4. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Wifi is off. But the screen in fully on.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

100% brightness?

6. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

well i thought we should just cover the bases first, and from my experience, leaving wifi on while not even using it does drain my battery throughout the day as it constantly tries to connect to any network i happen by. Also, apps can run in the backround if jailbroken, so i thought it was a valid question.

but yes that is far too little time regardless, but i wouldnt go and leave the screen on 100 all the time (that HURTS my eyes as well as spank that battery)

7. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Under warranty, if your battery has less than 50% of its original battery life, it is replaceable.

8. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Ok cool.