All iPads Slowmo recording on the new iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ciberkarlos, Oct 12, 2014.

1. ciberkarlos macrumors member

Hi guys, the slowmotion recording on the 5s/6 is a killer feature for me, since i'm a sport scientist and it's very useful when working with athletes for teaching new skills, correcting movements, etc. I even have an app published (called My Jump) which measures the vertical jump height using the slowmo recording.

It was a bit dissapointing the lack of slowmo videos on the iPad Air, taking into account that they included it on the 5s before. Now, it seems that Apple is taking serious the slow motion videos (increasing the frame rate on the 6/6plus).

So, do you guys think that there is chance that the new iPads would feature 240fps video recording?

Thanks;)

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

The most likely outcome is 120fps only. It's never rational, but they have always left the iPad back a step.

3. ciberkarlos thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, they have left the iPad back a few times (Front camera, LTE, slowmo recording, touch id, nfc, gold version...).

Hopefully they will include slow motion videos in this generation. I would be very dissapointed if they don't.