SlugBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by samk8000, Jan 1, 2011.

1. samk8000 macrumors regular

samk8000

My brand new macbook pro that is 6 days old is taking 5 minutes to open iWeb with only Safari open in the background. Usually it works, but twice it didn't. I have also had my trackpad act like it is depressed and highlighting everything.

2. BJB Productions macrumors 65816

BJB Productions

If it's that new, just bring it back to the Apple store and have them look at it. (Make sure you setup a Genius bar apt.)

3. samk8000 thread starter macrumors regular

samk8000

It's not all the time so knowing my luck, I'll take it and they'll tell me it's fine then it will mess up again. Would Futureshop be good as well because I bought it there and it's closer than the apple store.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Don't know anything about futureshop but as long as they're an apple authorized dealer, they should be able to help you.

Either way, don't live with it, that's not normal.

5. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

It's a brand new machine.....It should be fast and run flawlessly. Anything less is unacceptable. If it is under 14 days old, I would take it back and request a new machine, assuming that this is in line with the return policy of where you purchased the machine(I am not familiar with future shop).

6. samk8000 thread starter macrumors regular

samk8000

I do have 14 days and I got a 2 year futureshop warranty so I will take it in

7. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I'm not sure when you're able to take it back, so if you have downtime, you can always try a completely clean re-install of the OS.

8. samk8000 thread starter macrumors regular

samk8000

9. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Futureshop should be able to take care of it for you, Just return it and get a new one. Btw, which futureshop did you buy it from?

10. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

futureshop sucks but if you take it there and they say nothing is wrong with it i would suggest bringing it to an apple store.

11. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Good luck with that. I know its frustrating but if you complain and you have an issue that is random then you pretty much guarantee they won't do anything for you unless they see it. However if you try to be as nice as possible about it, then even if they don't see the problem first hand they may swap it out w/o a problem since it is new.

12. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

Quick Hijack: If you buy from another store instead of Apple B&M, do you have to go back to the original store or can you bring it back to Apple?

13. newdeal macrumors 68020

As a fellow Canadian follow my advice! Return this computer to Futureshop, they have a no questions asked return policy within 14 days! ALSO RETURN THE FUTURESHOP WARRANTY. If you want an extended warranty get applecare from apple NOT the futureshop extended BS warranty they sell you on. The applecare covers way more including any mac peripherals (mice, routers etc) you have. Use your money to buy a brand new machine at futureshop (because their return policy is better than Apples) and then after the fact buy the applecare for your computer if you want but I would wait awhile because you have a full year to buy the apple care so if later you decide to get a differant computer and sell this one you aren't out the money! If you bought the computer on boxing day and got a deal return the warranty and just do a straight exchange for a new computer DO NOT LET THEM TRY TO FIX IT!

14. samk8000 thread starter macrumors regular

samk8000

But I saved $200 on it and I still have 1 year applecare where I can return it to the apple store