Sluggish behaviour, wifi slow?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by twynne, Jul 12, 2008.

1. twynne macrumors 6502a

The 3G is my first iPhone, so the only basis I have for comparison is my Touch, but it seems to me that the iPhone is very sluggish at times. Just typing anything into Safari with music playing in the background was very slow, and the keyboard was often several keys behind my typing.

Also I notice web pages are taking forever to load - even over wifi - compared to the Touch.

I've yet to do a side by side comparison, but wondered what impression others have had. My iPhone has firmware 5A345 - does the slightly newer version make a difference?

I should add that otherwise I love the thing - just wish it were a bit faster! :D

Thanks,

Tom

2. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Mine has same firmware and having the same issues..

3. twynne thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks - I saw that thread but this is a fairly specific complaint and I didn't want to 'bury' it in another thread full of glowing praise. :D I know there are a lot of things to love about it, suspect that thread will attract more positive than negative. And I'm really hoping this is just a firmware issue of some sort...

4. thedarkhorse macrumors 6502a

That's funny, I find this completely the opposite. My touch(not mine for long) is more sluggish than my new iphone, but I assumed it might be because it's jailbroken and has extra apps. But it has the same problems you describe, late typing, worse performance when music and safari being used, and safari hanging for like 8-10 seconds often when I clear the url field (press little grey x) to enter in an address.

I did a side by side comparison of a couple pages over wifi and overall the iphone seemed to load them slightly faster, they visually load the page at the same rate with the touch a fraction of a second behind, but the last section of the loading bar usually takes the touch 2-5 seconds longer which makes scrolling the page choppy until the status bar is full.