Sluggish graphics

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anuba, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

OK, um... I've owned an iPod Touch for a long time and I've always been happy with its performance. Today I got an iPhone 3G, assuming the most recent product would be at least as fast as the old one. But... this sucks. When you're in Safari and turn the iPhone 90 degrees it's as if you asked it to calculate the meaning of life. It takes a second or so before it even reacts, and once it does it's not the slick transition I'm used to. It's so much more responsive and snazzy on the Touch. Transitions, scrolling, everything is choppy and laggy and generally unpleasant on the iPhone 3G.

Is this some known 2.0 issue (I haven't upgraded my iPod Touch from 1.X.X yet) or did they cut corners on the iPhone processor? Or are they trying to conserve power (the sluggishness reminds me of when I run my laptop in power saver mode)?

2. vega07 macrumors 65816

I have the same question. put an iPhone and a Touch side by side and the choppy animations on the iPhone becomes transparent.

3. swy05 macrumors 6502

Sadly, that's how it is.

Turning the phone to landscape mode while using the web browser will make everything choppy.

That should be the least of your concerns. There are bigger issues to watch out for such as: dust under the screen, terrible edge/3g speeds, dropped calls, etc.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Wish I could calculate the meaning of life in a second or two....

5. Anuba thread starter macrumors 68040

Anuba

Yeah, no shortage of dropped calls here. I've had two phone conversations so far and they were dropped two and three times, respectively. Before the second call I disabled 3G, but that didn't help. 5 times in about an hour of talk time... I don't think I've experienced 5 dropped calls over the entire year I used my previous 3G phone (SonyEricsson P1i). And the signal is excellent in my house so I don't even wanna know what will happen when the signal is so-so...

Apple = total phone n00bs. :mad: