Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oasantos1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2023
Orange County, CA
My iPad mini 6 slowed down to a crawl last night.

I was scrolling through Instagram when I get a FaceTime call, I take the call. During the call, it begins to get warm.

During the call, I decide to do a quick google search to screen shot something from a website. The iPad just stopped responding. I triggered a screenshot, and it took about 10 seconds from the time I push the button to the actual screenshot happening. I tried to send it to someone via iMessage and everything just froze.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Never experienced anything like it. Did a restart resolve it? Could a crooked app have caused it?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
I haven’t. I use my mini 6 pretty much all day… however, I don’t use Instagramand very seldom FaceTime.

If you’re not already on iPadOS 17.4.1 I’d update. If you are on it and the issue happens again, I’d suggest trying to get a video recording from another device & contact AppleCare.

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Have you tried resetting your iPad?

It is also possible that something is wrong with these apps... maybe reinstalling them will solve your problem.

StoneJack

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2009
My iPad mini 6 slowed down to a crawl last night.

I was scrolling through Instagram when I get a FaceTime call, I take the call. During the call, it begins to get warm.

During the call, I decide to do a quick google search to screen shot something from a website. The iPad just stopped responding. I triggered a screenshot, and it took about 10 seconds from the time I push the button to the actual screenshot happening. I tried to send it to someone via iMessage and everything just froze.

Has anyone experienced something like this?
reboot

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
One of those weird, unexplainable bugs solved a reboot probably.

Just reboot, it’ll be fine.

Reactions: Zmmyt
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.