Sluggish iPhone 3G Performance?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by atlken77, Jul 15, 2008.

1. atlken77 macrumors member

I just picked up my iPhone today (16gb White).

I noticed its running kinda slow...SMS takes it a second to load the messages, the typing is a letter or two behind.

I have no measure of "Normal" except that when typing on my iPod Touch it was instant, and there was no lag.

Other than the sluggishness (overall) I love the phone. feels great, calls sound magnificent, and i am still working on battery conservation issues -- but thats a me thing, not an iPhone thing

2. CompUsed macrumors newbie

I do not have a 3G iPhone, I have the original but I notice a overall slowness, lag to my iPhone since I did the 2.0 Upgrade.

3. chrisirwin macrumors newbie

Very poor iphone performance

I have experienced the same symptoms since geting my new 3G iphone. The contacts and SMS take seconds to load and the keyboard lags behind when typing. it is so unusably slow that i have tried to take it back but then have to part with it for over a week so it can be sent back to Apple. I alos get freezing, and apps like Safari suddenly quitting . This is after applying the latest iphone patches taking it to 2.0.2 (5C1). I am very disappointed as my ipod Touch had none of these symptoms.

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I had this problem with my original installation of 2.0.2 after syncing a backup. This changed when I performed a restore and then decided not to use the backup of my original iPhone. After doing this my iPhone 3G runs snappier than my original iPhone, and the original installation of 2.0.2. I have no complaints right now. (I own a White iPhone 3G)